Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Got TOMS!

We first heard about TOMS shoes a few years ago from this cool guy, and ever since then I have been wanting a pair.  So with the money I got for my birthday this year, I decided to splurge on us a little and get a pair for me and a pair for hubs for his birthday too.  We love them!  They were a little stiff at first, but they break in fast just wearing them around the house for a couple of hours and now they are extremely comfortable.

img_2253

If you've never heard of TOMS shoes, let me encourage you to take a look around their website, www.tomsshoes.com.  Basically, for every pair of shoes you buy (or they have some other misc. merchandise like shirts that also applies) they donate a pair of shoes to a child in need.  And the cool thing is that this giving wasn't an afterthought, it was the whole reason they started selling shoes in the first place.

This video explains the mission of TOMS:



And this video shows a debilitating disease affecting Ethiopians which is entirely preventable by wearing shoes:



So if you're in the market for a cool new pair of shoes, and you want to help a child in need at the same time, I wholeheartedly encourage you to check out TOMS!  (And no, I'm not getting paid to say that!)

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny, because I literally just saw a commercial about this TOMS guy and I had never heard of the shoes before! They're cute!

    ReplyDelete